SUMMER NEWS: Quick Summer Safety Tips
Here are some quick summer safety tips for a fun, active and safe summer:
- Fireworks look exciting but even sparklers can reach temperatures over 1000°F.
- Bike helmets for the entire family can prevent face and head injuries while on wheels.
- When attending amusement parks or traveling, be sure that you children know your cell phone number and what to do if they are separated from you.
- Always be aware of the water, infants and toddlers can drown in only a few inches of water. When boating remember that the entire family should wear life jackets.
- Trampolines look fun, but they account for 100,000 injuries annually including neck injuries. They are not safe.
- Lawnmowers also account for many injuries every year. Keep children away from a running mower. Children need to be at least 12 years old and wearing shoes to operate a lawnmower.
Wishing you a summer of fun in the sun!
see CDC most recent recommendations at www.cdc.gov/family/kids/summer